Welcome to Sweeney Mae’s Blog Center. I have always been an entrepreneur in spirit and it brings me so much joy to be able to create brand experiences for myself and for others who need guidance and assistance.
Established in 2018, MAE DAY MARKETING was developed to focus on the Marketing challenges of businesses who need branding makeovers, social media content reboot, and overall marketing strategy.
MAE DAY PERKS
If you haven’t figured it out yet, MAE DAY is a play on words with my name: Sweeney Mae and the term “May Day” used by aircraft pilots when they are in distress!
I see myself as that help needed when brands, entrepreneurs, solopreneurs, and organizations are in need of a creative strategy to achieve their goals.
Need marketing help? Call Mae Day!
Sweeney Mae is a multi-award-winning Marketing Director, with a broad range of experience in event and marketing management. Her expertise includes creative marketing solutions, community relations and social media marketing.
Most Recent Blogs:
- 31 Social Media Content Ideas You Need to Include in Rotation!Here are 31 social media content ideas to include in your rotation.
- 15 Unusual Ideas To Improve Customer ExperienceWhen talking about customer experience, most would assume it is about a face-to-face interaction with your customers. Contrary to popular beliefs, there are many ways that customer experience can be improved beyond personal interaction. This is why these ideas are unusual. They focus on customer service features that doesn't involved personal interaction. Traditionally, customer service … Read more
- 4 Reasons Why We Trust Better GraphicsHave you ever come across a flyer and thought "my first grade nephew could have created that on a word document"? Then, all of a sudden, you don't even want to go to that event anymore because you feel like it's not going to be the type of event in your caliber. You suddenly think … Read more
- 5 Secrets to Content CreationCreating content on social media can be a daunting task to some people but with consistent practice and attention to details, anyone can create whatever content they desire. You just need that "I can make lemonades with lemons thrown at me" attitude to be able to create content out of the simplest ideas. Creating content … Read more
- 11 Surefire Ways to Excel at Your New JobStarting a new job can be daunting. You're conscious about everything because you don't know anyone and most of all, you don't really know the company or the office culture. Take it from someone like me who has worked in three different corporate setting in the last 15 years. I've worked at Macy's, Expedia, and … Read more
- #Twitterdoubled it’s Character Limit and Here’s How Tweeters Reacted: Hello, 280. Twitter is expanding tweets to 280 characters for nearly all users (the change won’t apply to Chinese, Japanese, or Korean languages) after rolling it out to some accounts in September. The company said people tweeted “more easily and more often” with the extended count, but that it didn’t substantially change Twitter’s brief-and-breezy character: Only 1% of users … Read more
- 5 Ways Business Owners Benefit from TravelingIt inspires resilience, creativity, and relaxes your mind.
- 5 Social Media Myths that Cripple Business Owners and EntrepreneursWhat the what????!!!! So many entrepreneurs, especially the Baby Boomers and the mature Gen X, have been misinformed or started to believe their excuses. The one true fact about social media is it costs less than print, tv, or radio advertising. Another fact is that it doesn't cost to open an account. So if you … Read more
- 5 Secrets to Maximizing ROI When Attending Business ConferencesMake the most of your time when attending business workshops or conferences.
- 21 Killer Tips for Social Media ContentSocial Media is one very intimidating aspect of marketing that technologically challenged entrepreneurs continue to find overwhelming. The truth is, Social Media does not need to be so technical to begin with. It should be more social as the name suggests. Think of Social Media as a way to let your customers “in” on how … Read more
- JCPenney versus Beyonce haters… who won?After BEYONCE posted her pregnancy photo, JCPenney caught a lot of "shade" from people saying that it looked like an awkward JCPenney photo or how she has millions but got her photo taken at JCPenney. Guess what JCPenney did? They used Beyonce's lyrics to "clap back"! They quoted some of the tweets adding "Twirl on my Haters" … Read more
- 7 Deadly Sins in MarketingMarketing is a very well established principle and one that has been practiced before it was even called that. If you think about it, the ancient world has definitely used advertising tactics when promoting a gladiator fight, a chariot race, or some royalty celebration. The similarities of entrepreneurs’ problems to another used to surprise me. … Read more
- Top 3 Things Business Owners Must ImproveMost business owners are challenged with the basic principles of marketing. Too many skip the process of building a business and marketing plan. Most fail to realize that without a plan, profitable opportunities may be missed due to lack of goal planning. Without quantifiable goals businesses find it hard to stay focus. Beyond profit goals … Read more
- AWARD-WINNING… what it means to me.Receiving recognition and winning awards mean that I have an obligation to continue mentoring the younger generation through my career and showing them the essence of tenacity, determination, and work ethic.
- 10 BEST APPS THAT MAKE SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT FUN & EASY!Social Media Marketer, Sweeney Mae, shares her top 10 Best Apps that makes Social Media Management Easy!
- THE DETAILS OF EVENT PRODUCTIONPlanning events require high level creativity not only with coordination but as well as with collaboration. A skilled event producer is also a skilled networker. Someone who knows how to utilize their "rolodex" when needed. Another important aspect of event production is marketing. Marketing includes a plethora of practices and principles that can help achieve … Read more
- HERCULES AND HIS MARKETING STRATEGYAfter watching the latest movie about Hercules, I can't help but notice (right away) the importance of marketing that this movie focused on. The movie begins with his nephew telling what sounded like tall tales about Hercules and his victory against impossible opponents. Hercules' nephew, Lolaus, was definitely the PR person of their group. Lolaus was … Read more
- A NEVER ENDING DOZE OF CREATIVITYI love helping others. I love giving people ideas on how to be creative with their branding message or their business until one day, a person very dear to my heart told me to stop giving away ideas for free. That people need to pay me for everything I come up with. That I'm short-changing … Read more
- 14 Day Tips Challenge to Boost your Social Media EngagementI'd like to invite you to join our 14 Day Tips Challenge to help boost your social media engagement. It's so easy to join! Simply create graphics for your tips by choosing an existing photo and using a mobile app to add text on your photo. Brand it with your logo, website, name or social … Read more
- WHAT IS OMNI-CHANNEL MARKETING?This is why I fell in love with Marketing. Marketing is never boring! It is the epitome of the cliche: "The only thing that's constant is change". It seemed like it was just yesterday when the internet changed the way we communicated. Now, it has totally changed the way we transact. Then, social media emerged … Read more
- 5 IDEAS TO CREATE CONTENT FOR YOUR SOCIAL MEDIAIf you are like most newbies on social media, you probably feel lost and need direction on what kinds of topics to post on your page to engage your followers or friends. The trick is to share genuine thoughts…. thought provoking, if possible. Here are 5 ideas to get you started: 1. Pay attention to … Read more
- Social Media Statistics and The Top 5 Musts in Managing it!I found this website/image as I was searching for the most current statistics for various social media channels. As a Marketing Professional and social media marketing coach, this image is a powerful tool to explain to my entrepreneur friends and network the power of social media. Another powerful statistics would also be the amount of time … Read more
- Why Some Businesses Fail In MarketingFrom my personal years of experience, I have noticed two types of business owners. One who gives up after the first try or one who doesn't. The tricky thing about marketing (advertising, promotions, social media) is that there isn't one general way to do it right. Everything is dependent on something different. Just because a … Read more
- Sweeney Mae Industry Interview by Designer PrintingThank you for posting my interview printing Korea (http://sparkah.com/printing/quote.html)
- BEYONCE’S new thing on InstagramEveryone is crazy about Beyonce's new "thing" on Instagram called moving photos. It's not enough that we take videos, now we take burst photos and use an app to make them look like a video. BUT it is an upcoming trend and soon you'll see more celebrities indulging. I must admit it's fun and eye … Read more
- 10 Mistakes Vendors MakeWhen producing and organizing an event with vendors, I often see the same mistakes vendors make that prevents them from making the most of any event they participate in. The vendors that are happy with their results are the ones who have managed to avoid most, if not all of the listed mistakes below. The … Read more
- Is technology going too far?So you've got a smart phone, a tablet/iPad, a Laptop, smart TV, and a smart Watch? It's fun and convenient to have all of these technology as tools to communicate. Lucky for Marketing Professionals, it has now become easier than ever to quantify everything. If you have a facebook page you can advertise to your … Read more
- How to make buyers THINK that they’re destined to buy your productAdvertising is getting more and more convenient for Marketers! The smart technology is making it very easy for companies to invest marketing dollars more wisely than before. Small to medium business often times shy away from advertising and marketing plans but I assure you that it is so easy to get exactly what you want … Read more
- CREATIVE MINDS BELIEVE IN GREY AREASI usually blog about business, marketing, and events. Seldom will I share sentimental thoughts but I think this one can also be relative to all walks of life, not just in love. My comment was derived from the post realization that this video is a perfect example of believing in "grey areas." You … Read more
- 3 SURE FIRE SIGNS THAT YOU ARE READY TO START YOUR BUSINESSStarting a business is the new black. It seems that there are one too many ENTREPRENEURS nowadays. Starting a business is sexy, to say the least. Being an entrepreneur means you are creative, you think well under pressure, you take risks, and most especially, you take ownership. There are plenty of small business owners who … Read more
MAE DAY MARKETING
Founded in 2018 by Sweeney Mae
If you would like a FREE 30 minute consultation please email:
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm