If you are even just a little bit familiar with social media management, you know that images, videos, and purposeful posts are the type that receive higher engagement rates. Not only do you have to be strategic with your posts but you also have to make sure that you are branding everything or most things that you are putting on the web.
These top 10 apps are my favorite apps. Some of these apps are exclusive to one phone system but in due time, I’m sure these are all going to be available on both systems.
1. Instasize for iOS and Instashot for Android. These used to be exclusive for the respective phone systems they’re now available on both. These apps can save you from having to crop parts of your photo to fit on Instagram’s perfect square rule. If you haven’t yet realized, the best size for Instagram is a perfect square size. Stop cropping and start “instasizing”.
2. Flipagram. I am growing to like this app more and more every day. The number one feature is the slideshow function. You are able to select a number of photos, select the music, choose the speed, and the length of the slideshow. The best part is that they have a top 40 hit selection of music available for use. Sometimes, Facebook automatically removes these posts due to copyright issues but 15 seconds on Instagram hasn’t been a problem.
3. Repost App available on iOS and Android. If you love Instagram, you will love this app. This allows you to repost any favorite photos or videos on Instagram. There are image and video editing functions within this app. Reposts will automatically have a logo at the bottom of the photo but you can purchase an upgrade to remove this function.
4. Add Watermark for android and Ezy Watermark for iOS are great apps for branding. You can now add your logo on every photo that you post on social media. I recommend that you save a .png version of your logo, send it to yourself, and save it on your phone. Files with a .png extension are images without a background.
5. Videoshow for iOS and android and iMovie for iOS are video editing apps. What I love about these apps is the friendly user interface. You can trim videos, add music, filters, and design templates to your video. It also allows you to splice in photos as well as stickers and texts. The sticker function on Video Show allows you to upload your own logo and add it to your video. The iMovie doesn’t have the sticker function but it has beautiful templates, transitions, and text on video options.
6. Stumble Upon app is available both on iOS and Android. This is a great app for content curation. When you open an account, you will be asked what your favorite topics are and you can then browse articles, blogs, fun tests, photographs, videos, discussions, and other interesting topics about subjects of your choice, I try to follow industry topics such as marketing, business, social media, graphics, as well as fun topics like recipes, DIY projects, etc.
7. Flipboard is a great tool to stay up to date with current news and topics. You can be one of the firsts to share the latest news about technology, entrepreneurship, art, stocks, products, and etc… If you have an android phone, it’s usually already a part of your pre-downloaded apps but iOS systems can download it on the app store. Who needs newspapers when you can just flip through the news? Oh, did I mention you can customize the type of news that appears on your feed?
8. Latergram app allows you to schedule multiple posts on instagram. It is said that it currently only allows up to 30 scheduled posts but I’m sure that will change soon, if it hasn’t already. The cool thing about this is that you can actually log on from your desktop to upload photos for scheduling! https://www.latergram.me/
9. Font Candy on iOS and Photofy on Android in my opinion are the best apps to use when branding your photos. All those beautiful photos with quotes, texts, and inspirational sayings can be created with these apps. Both apps have great selection of fonts, filters, stickers, and frames. At the time of download, these were exclusive on both systems but they could possibly be available on both phones now.
10. Magisto and Animoto are my top two “trailer maker” apps. What that means is that these apps can create videos with amazing designs (templates) good to serve as your trailer or your recap video from an event or any activity. They are both available on iOS and android. With Magisto, it automatically creates some kind of trailer for you after you’ve taken so many photos in one sitting/day/venue. I recommend either one. They are free to download but you have options to pay for high definition video. If you need any of the videos for presentation. I personally have annual subscriptions to both as I use video as a marketing strategy for all of my projects and events. This doesn’t mean I eliminate hiring a videographer for professional presentations. It just means I can create beautiful videos on the go!
Here’s a fun bonus:
BONUS: Phhhoto app. It’s not an image and it’s not quite a video… it’s a GIF maker. What is a GIF? It is a burst of photos automatically spliced together in a consecutive order for a fun and funky way to share moving photos. Try it! It’s fun and free!
Well there you have it! These are the top apps I use on a regular basis that makes my social media management part fun and part easy! You have to equipt yourself with tools that will make it fun and easy for you to provide content to your followers. Do not forget that as much as you spend time to post, you must make time to engage with followers as well as review your analytics data if available. All of the mobile apps are free to download but some of them have in-app purchases available. Don’t be afraid to spend a few dollars to make your posts look better. Remember that people correlate the quality of what you put out there to the quality of your brand.