If you are like most newbies on social media, you probably feel lost and need direction on what kinds of topics to post on your page to engage your followers or friends. The trick is to share genuine thoughts…. thought provoking, if possible. Here are 5 ideas to get you started:
1. Pay attention to what inspires you and share it with your followers. Inspiration is one of the best ways to elicit emotional connection. Share how it inspires you and in turn, it will inspire your followers.
2. Have you learned something recently? A useful tip or a recent failed attempt that’s motivating you to make a small tweak or some epiphany that suddenly became clear? Share these thoughts as a tip! After all, your mistakes can be a lesson learned for others.
3. Have you read or recently saw something that really excites you? An article about new findings on how to get rid of wrinkles or perhaps a study of how drinking coffee a day can lower your risk of heart failure or maybe where to get the best sushi recipe? Share it and share your thoughts about it.
4. Did you come across a tantalizing photo? Or are you looking at a breathtaking view? Snap a quick photo and share it! Share what you love about it. Share how it moved you.
5. Do you think you found the next laughing baby viral video? Or perhaps your baby is in a giggling mood? Or maybe a celebrity is in site? A great moment in your sight? Or maybe you have a testimony you are burning to share?? Turn your video camera on your smart phone and press record. Don’t get cold feet! Press record and share your thoughts and share!!!
Notice a common element? It’s important that you share what you think. People are intrigued by your thoughts that’s why posts that express deepest and genuine thoughts get the most attention.
The last element would be to explore how any of your posts relate to your business and present it from that angle. And be consistent. Content is king, consistency is queen.