When producing and organizing an event with vendors, I often see the same mistakes vendors make that prevents them from making the most of any event they participate in.
The vendors that are happy with their results are the ones who have managed to avoid most, if not all of the listed mistakes below.
The ones who complain about their results are usually those who fail to avoid at least 5 of the mistakes below.
1. You are too lazy to get up from your chair and stand in front of your table.
2. You failed to look your best.
3. You didn’t prepare a strategy to collect emails.
4. You failed to share the event on social media prior to the event.
5. Your staff aren’t asking the right questions to qualify potential clients.
6. You don’t have a portfolio of samples of your products or services.
7. You aren’t providing an enticing value exclusive for the event.
8. Your display isn’t well thought out.
9. You refused to take part in the event raffle, advertising on the program, etc…
10. You didn’t take advantage or engage of the social media following for the event or use the ‘hashtag’ to connect you to other vendors and participants.