5 TIPS FOR POST EVENT MARKETING STRATEGY
Post event marketing is just as important as ticket sales, advertisement, promotions and more. Why? Because your post event marketing strategy will determine the success of your next event. A strong post event marketing strategy can set the tone for the next event by re kindling your guest’s experience and showing the absentees what they’ve missed. Great photos and videos can be a reason for your guests to share it on social media.
1. Watermark all your photos
– before posting images online, find an app that would allow you to either watermark your logo or your website on the photo. Why? well for the simple reason that once these photos are online, people will find the photos and will be interested to participate for the next one but wouldn’t know how to get in contact with you.
2. Write a blog about it or ask someone to
– blogging is more than just telling a story online. It’s a way to get “found” online. So when you blog, use the right keywords and always remember to add information about where they can signup to get more info or get more details.
3. Publicly thank everyone who helped make it happen
– You have to exhibit a grateful attitude to keep having successful events. Make people feel good about helping you. People will forget what you say but will never forget how you made them feel. Present certificates to your volunteers and your sponsors. Then post those photos online and thank them again. You can never thank them enough!
4. Share and re-purpose your photos and videos
After editing your photos and videos, plan a schedule for when to post them. Naturally, after an event, you want to post all your photos on an album on facebook or other social media means but you should also hold back on some photos, design it by adding text about the event or information about the next event and plan on posting a photo 2x or 3x a month until your next event. Don’t let people forget how great your event was.
5. Create a special tab/archive
On your website, you can create a tab dedicated to archived photos and on there, you can store all your past event photos so when you are getting ready to promote for you next event that potential sponsors and guests can view past event photos. Make sure that you label all your photos correctly and caption them as much as you can.
When saving your photos on your computer, make sure that you save it using the name of your event and the year for two reasons:
a. Easy navigation – it will be easier for you to search for your photos whenever you need them.
b. Searchable – when people search for your event on Google, the photos that were labeled properly upon upload will show up on the results.
When uploading your photos on your website/blog, make sure that you change the “title” of the photos to your event name and year for the same reason as above. Make it easy for people to find your event and label all your photos correctly!