This is a little test to see how well you pay attention to your customers. Moreover, I want to show you how you can use the information you have (about your customers) to your advantage. CRM or Customer Relationship Management is the best Customer Service practice you can implement. Get to know them and treat them well. After all, they help you pay your bills :).
- Are they family oriented?
- How many loyal customers do you have?
- Are they career-oriented?
- What kind of car do they drive?
- Are they health conscious?
- How old are they?
- Do they use a smart phone?
- What shows do they watch on tv?
- Who is their favorite celebrity?
- What Zip code do they live in?
If you can answer five out of the ten questions above then you are headed in the right direction. Knowing detailed information about your customers can really help you reach them and keep their attention and loyalty. Let’s break down each of the questions above with different ideas on how to use the information you know.
- Are they family oriented? – If you know the answer to this question, then you can plan promotions that speak to those who value their family. You can host kids’ event or offer free meals for kids (if you are a restaurant) or a family discount/giveaway.
- How many loyal customers do you have? – This can help you determine what kind of loyalty program you would need to invest in and how it will affect your bottom line. Do you have a database of emails and are they click-through your links? Or are most of them un-subscribing?
- Are they career-oriented? – the answer to this will help you find ways to accommodate their busy schedule and work towards offering convenient services that is suitable for those who work 9am – 5pm.
- What kind of car do they drive? – This can possibly help you determine what income bracket they belong in, which can help you understand the importance of your price and assortment.
- Are they health conscious? – Maybe you can host events that will help your health-conscious customers reach their health goals.
- How old are they? – This is an important fact to know about the people who do business with you. If they are in their 20’s and 30’s, it’s safe to assume that most of them are on Social Media Outlets with Smart Phones…. Etc … if they are older, you must do more research to see if they are “hip” to the smart phones. You want them to be able to get to your website more efficiently.
- Do they use a smart phone? – This can help you decide on investing in mobile apps, mass texts or e-blasts.
- What shows do they watch on TV? – This one is a little personal but important to know if they are into reality TV shows or educational shows etc… Will your customers enjoy a little trivia game for a free gift? Get them engaged!
- Who is their favorite celebrity? – You can learn what type of genre/culture your customers are into. Shall you customize your playlist in your store or offer tickets to see an artist in concert? Giving away prizes can give you an upper hand with what qualifications you. Will they be entered to win with a proof of purchase or maybe when they refer a new customer? It’s your call.
- What Zip code do they live in? – This can help you customize your ads. Some advertising platforms, like facebook, let you target the audience for your ad by zip code, which is a very powerful tool. You can advertise your loyalty program to the area where most of your customers come from and advertise more information (merchandise/services) to the areas you want to penetrate more.
If you are wondering why you need to work hard to get to know your customers more, then I hope this article clarifies the fact that you will not be profitable without happy customers.