By no means do I want this blog to sound preachy but I’m not going to deny the fact that this is fully inspired by my pastor Rick Warren from Saddle Back Church. for the last few weeks, the topic has been about HAPPINESS.
1. BE HUMBLE – “Be humble or you’ll stumble.” Humility is thinking of yourself LESS not thinking LESS of yourself. Humility is not denying your strengths but honoring your weakness. It has nothing to do with yourself but think more of others.
2. DON’T LET PRIDE GET IN THE WAY – Pride is the root of evil. When you have pride, you either have self ambition or vein conceit. Self ambition is thinking it’s all about you. Vein conceit is thinking you’re always right.
3. GET RID OF GUILT – Keep your conscience clear and always do good. Respect others at all times.
4. BECOME SOMEONE THAT PEOPLE TRUST – Live with integrity. Make sure your actions match your words. Always keep your promises.
5. LEARN HOW TO WORK WELL WITH OTHERS – Learn how to cooperate.
6. LIVE FOR SOMETHING WORTH DYING FOR – What commitments have you made that you need to keep?
7. WORRY ABOUT NOTHING – worrying is unreasonable, unnatural, not helpful, and unnecessary.
8. BE CONTENT WITH ANYTHING – Contentment is not complacency and laziness. Contentment is enjoying what you have now and not waiting for something to happen to be happy. Your happiness should be independent from your circumstances.
9. BE THANKFUL IN ALL THINGS – The more grateful you are, the more happy your are. This is not to say that you need to be thankful ‘FOR’ everything but you have to be thankful ‘IN’ everything.
10. BE GENEROUS – Give to others what you want more in your life. If you need more money, donate more money; If you need more time, donate more time.
To conclude, being happy can create a domino effect in your personal life and in your business life. Happiness is something that needs to be practiced. It’s a constant reminder of what to do or what not to do. You have to be aware of how your feelings and your thoughts are affecting your happiness and be quick to put a stop to the negativity and immediately think about how you can lean more towards positive thoughts that can lead to happiness. Less stress!