Hosting events for brands or companies wanting to influence a crowd has been trending as of lately. Have you noticed an increase of facebook or text invites from your entrepreneur friends? That’s because people have finally realized that EVENTS is in fact, a marketing strategy that should be included in everyone’s marketing plans. I launched Events in the City TV for a few different reasons, but my mission is to deliver “real” feedback from attendees about the events I choose to cover.
As an Event Planner and Marketing professional and consultant, here are 5 different ways you can increase exposure through events:
1. HOST IT! – The host is exposed the most! Yes, as the host, you can pretty much do whatever it is that you want! You can put your logo on the flyer, on the invitations, on the tickets, on the backdrop, balloons, thank you letters, etc… You are in control and you also own the database that results from the event. You host it, you rock it!
2. SPONSOR IT! – If you find a local event that does not conflict with your brand, call them up and ask if you can be a sponsor of the event. Most likely, the host will be excited to receive your call as sponsors don’t really come around often. Call the host and ask what it would take to be a sponsor for the event then negotiate your brand/logo placement if there isn’t a sponsorship package. This one is a “boss” move!
3. WORK IT! – Be a vendor at an event! If sponsoring is out of your budget, you can offer to be a vendor at the event so you can have a table where you can showcase your products or brochures for your services. Once again, it’s important that you are non competing.
4. BLOG IT! – If you are a blogger and you would like to capture the audience, contact the host and ask to cover the event. Covering that event means you having to take photos or videos at the event then writing an article about it. When you publish your article, the owner will definitely publish it since people are normally excited to see themselves as a feature of a column or article.
5. VOLUNTEER AT IT! – Events normally need volunteers to help make the event go smoothly. As a volunteer, you will get to meet a lot of people whom you can tell or invite to check out your own product, while still keeping to the integrity of the volunteer job. Find great events that coincide with your brand or target market and get involved!
Below is an example of one of our tv guests who took advantage of an event to display her products and offer samples. Presenting SUGAR AND SPYKED: